- Woman: I'm smart
- Patriarchy: Well you're probably ugly then
- Woman: I'm creative
- Patriarchy: You mean unattractive right?
- Woman: I have all these incredible accomplishments
- Patriarchy: Yeah but look how ugly you looked doing them
- Woman: I have value
- Patriarchy: Not if you're ugly lol
- Woman: I'm conventionally-attractive & posted selfies on my blog
- Patriarchy: I'm so sick of these empty-headed chicks only caring about their looks. Just because you are attractive and get attention from men doesn't mean you are special or deserve respect. Why don't you read a book or do something productive with your life you dumb slut
PJO/HoO | Color Palettes [1/?]
Miss Independent- Kelly Clarkson
Art By: Burdge
some curvy pjo girls and a reminder that you’re beautiful no matter what size you are. <3
- *looking at my legs*: Oh my god why
- *looking at my stomach*: Oh my god why
- *looking at my arms*: Oh my god why
- *looking at my face*: Oh my god why
- *trying to exercise*: Oh my god why
- *eating shitty food*: Oh my god why
- *weighing myself*: Oh my god why
- *looking at my life*: Oh my god why
- looking at my music taste: cool man
You don’t understand how much I wish it was Piper who landed on ogygia and not Leo
German Percy Jackson covers
- gay boy: hey man you look good today
- straight boy: oh my god man what the fuck i'm not a faggot, i'm pretty sure this is harassment
- straight boy: [slaps girls' asses as they walk by] [asks them if they finger themselves] [pleads every girl to have anal sex]
can straight white people even fall in love? I’ve never seen that in a movie before
stop hating on girls who wanna kiss people in museums or aquariums or art galleries stop hating on girls who want things that might be cliche stop hating on girls who want boys to treat them like they’re magic i will protect all girls with my life and just because they care about things that you don’t doesn’t give you the right to belittle them ok i will fight u
When someone’s depressed, stating obvious comments like these are usually counter productive.
I’ve heard all of these before. And then some. People who don’t experience depression don’t understand how you can’t just ‘Be happy’. They think changing your lifestyle will help. In many cases, yes, it will. But if it were that easy depression would not be so hard to get rid of and affecting millions of people.
For many, including me, it’s a challenge to just get out of bed in the morning, weighed down by constant negative emotions. It’s not that we want to be unhappy, our brains just don’t understand the concept of ‘WOW. The world is such an extraordinary place and it’s great to be alive.’
The worst is when you’ve literally done and are still doing all of these things but you still have depression or issues that or out of your control but still effect you.
I can relate to that having suffered depression myself. These comments come off very arrogant and are usually made by someone who is rather ignorant of mental health issues.Depression and mental health in general is far more complex in terms of causes and treatments and is really something that really varies person by person. Depressive episodes can last a short period of time to be something that is more permanent. So making light of mental health by useless comments like the above is going to not help for one and it might actually cause more harm to the person they were made to.
You know why women often say “nothing’s wrong” when something is definitely bothering them
It’s because men have been belittling, minimizing and mocking our emotions forever
And we are socialized to be as passive and undemanding and selfless as possible, and not to run any risk of bothering or angering a man lest he abandon or hurt us
It’s not passive aggression, it is fear
oh my god